Poha is exceedingly nutritious and is easy to cook. It is mostly eaten for breakfast or lunch. Add magical flavour to Poha by serving the Poha with Mint-Coriander chutney!
Method Of Preparation
- 2 Cups poha (flattened rice)
- 2 Tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 Tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 2 Green chillies slit lengthwise (optional)
- 1 Medium onion chopped fine
- 1 Large/2 medium potatoes quartered and sliced very thin
- Handful of unsalted peanuts (skins removed)
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Poha should be put in a sieve. It should be washed for 2 minutes under the running water. It should be kept aside for draining.
- Ghee or oil should be heated in a pan. Peanuts and potatoes should be put in pan and should be stirred frequently. It should be cooked for two to three minutes.
- Drain the poha completely to remove all water and add it to the above mix. Add the turmeric powder and stir well to blend all ingredients.
- If the mixture appears to be dry, more water should be added.
- It should be cooked for about a minute. The fire should be turned off. Lime juice should be poured over Poha and it should be mixed well.
- It should be garnished with chopped coriander and it should be served while being hot. The taste of Poha becomes exceedingly exquisite if served with Mint-Coriander chutney.