SKRM's recipe of enormously tasty Mushroom Biryani to be served with sea food, meat and plenty of vegetables being healthy keeps you active all day. The grains of Haryana King being extra-long having indulgent flavour form the first choice of the gourmet cooks.
Method Of Preparation
- Mushrooms should be scrubbed, washed, drained and cut into quarters.
- Basmati Rice should be picked and washed in a lot of water. It should be soaked in adequate water for half an hour. This should be followed by draining the water.
- Onions should be peeled and sliced finely. Garlic and Ginger should be peeled and grinded together to form a fine paste. Fresh Coriander and mint leaves should be cleaned, washed and finely chopped.
Tomatoes should be washed and puree should be made in a blender. The skimmed milk yogurt should be whisked and Saffron should be kept soaked in one fourth cup of warm skimmed milk.
Three to four cups of water should be boiled in a thick bottomed vessel. Bay leaf, green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, black cardamoms, mace and one teaspoon salt should be added. The soaked Basmati Rice should be drained when the water starts boiling.
It should be cooked for about eight to ten minutes. It should be stirred frequently till the three fourth of the Rice gets prepared. It should be drained.
Oil should be heated in a non-stick pan. Sliced Onions should be added. It should be stirred and fried over high heat for about two to three minutes till the onions become translucent. Ginger Garlic pasted should be added and it should be cooked briefly.
- Red chili powder, crushed peppercorn, coriander powder cumin powder and turmeric powder should be added. It should be stirred and fried briefly and puree of tomatoes should be added.
- It should be continuously cooked over high heat for two to three minutes. It should be continuously stirred till masala becomes thick.
- Whisked skimmed milk yogurt, half the quantity of chopped fresh coriander, Garam masala powder and into leaves should be added. It should be stirred well and should be cooked for two minutes.
- The quartered button mushrooms should be added. Salt as per your taste should be added. It should be stirred and fried over high heat for about two to three minutes. It should be removed from heat.
- Cooked rice and masala mushroom should be arranged in alternate layers in a dish. Kewra water, the skimmed milk with saffron and the chopped fresh coriander and mint leaves should be sprinkled. You should ensure your topmost layer to be Rice.
- The assembled Biryani should be covered with a lid of tight fitting and the edges should be sealed with kneaded Atta dough.
- The sealed dish should be kept on a medium hot tama and it should be left for ten to fifteen minutes. Few burning charcoal can also be kept on the lid. Simultaneously, you should leave the sealed dish in an oven that has been pre-heated for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- You should break the seal and open the Biryani. This should be done just before serving.