Rice Kheer is extremely famous for being a traditional dessert of the Indian subcontinent. It’s cooking and serving is mostly seen during auspicious occasions. The elation being brought by the festival remains incomplete without this sweet traditional dish.To give an exceptional taste to Rice kheer, Saffron strands and Dry Fruits can be added as per your taste. Almonds, Golden raisins and Cashews along with Saffron and Cardamom are added too.
Lets start making chawal ki kheer or rice kheer :
- Wash and soak Birayani Rice for 30 minutes. While the rice is in soaking,blanch nuts inhot water and peel off the skin, chop them and set aside.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Add milk to a heavy bottom pot and bring it to boil on a medium flame.
- When it turns hot, add drained rice. Keep often stirring to prevent burning.
- Cook until rice is soft and slightly mushy. Add sugar to suit your taste.
- Lower the flame and cook until the kheer thickens. Add nuts and cook for 5 more minutes. If adding raisins just do it towards the end. Do not cook after adding them.
- Garnish Rice Kheer with nuts before serving.